Rishabh Centre for Research
and Innovation in Clean Energy
ELEVATING EXCELLENCE: AI AT THE FOREFRONT OF INNOVATION.
Since the beginning of the second decade of 21st century, IITs in India has witnessed structural changes in terms of closure engagement with Industries, incubating startup companies, hosting companies through technology parks and offering executive programs to widen the reach. The higher education landscape post pandemic has significantly advanced and has opened many new opportunities and possibilities. Exponential growth in technology space has also fueled many changes in IITs.
The Green Energy Technologies play an essential role in advancing the Nation’s Energy system by promoting the integration of RE sources such as solar, wind, hybrid wind-solar energy and hydrogen. In the remote villages in Jodhpur and Jaisalmer districts, supply of electricity and drinking water is inadequate. However, these areas have well distributed sun’s energy. Solar thermal has a higher initial cost than solar PV and lower thermal efficiency than coal based thermal power plants. However, these drawbacks can be overcome by combining solar thermal power with a desalination system. Moreover, these will work as stand-alone units and solve two problems (i.e. water and electricity) at the same time.
- Design and develop an intelligent methodology for future smart grids, including AC/DC hybrid grid,
- offshore microgrid and smart electric vehicle infrastructure.
- Design and development of low-cost and high-efficient thermal energy storage (TES) technologies.
- Design and develop integrated adsorption cooling/heating system operated by solar thermal and solar
- To design and develop a combined refrigeration and desalination system based on a novel solar
- ejector system and a working Multi-Effect Desalination (MED) system.
- To set up a state-of-the-art research centre to study the combustion of green hydrogen and green
- ammonia for their practical applications.
- To develop high-end experimental systems for green hydrogen generation and storage
- To set up a state-of-the-art research centre to study the feasibility of carbon geosequestration and
- subsurface porous media storage of hydrogen gas in rocks.
Get In Touch
Unlock the future with IIT Jodhpur's Rishabh Centre for Research and Innovation in Clean Energy. For inquiries and collaboration, connect with us at our website. Your journey into cutting-edge innovation starts here!